As one of the developments taking us closer to the future event space, which will be built in Otakaari 2A, the Hybrid Stage Pilot has started on Harald Herlin Learning Center’s K-floor.
With the Hybrid Stage, it is possible to organize events tailored for simultaneous on-site and online participation. Furthermore, it enables reaching a larger audience by opening local events to a global crowd. The purpose of this space is to build a digital events concept that makes use of professional audiovisual technology solutions in an efficient manner but with high quality.
This state-of-the-art hybrid event setup has a wall of video monitors as a background, stage lighting and in terms of audio, the distributed speakers allow perfect control of sound levels throughout the space. A variety of angles for covering the event is achieved by four high-quality robotic cameras.
The Hybrid stage pilot primarily serves the Aalto University community and its extended network of partners.
A hybrid is a simultaneous on-site and online event experience.
The hybrid stage allows you to expand your audience and open up the opportunity to a global audience. The site can accommodate 50 people. (The K-floor is an open library space and cannot be closed for the event)
Suitable for the hybrid stage are, for example:
- Smaller panel discussions
- Researcher and expert interviews and keynote speeches, such as a presentation to the general public by a top visitor to a scientific conference
- Publication of research results of Aalto University and research networks
- Smaller international seminars and symposia, and conferences or parts thereof
- New, innovative, and interactive ways to popularize science, art and technology
- Digital demos and interactive demos
- Events that enrich the social life of the campus and beyond online
Not suitable for the hybrid stage are:
- Basic education lectures
- Private events, private parties, solemn seminars for individuals
- Staff training and similar opportunities
- Unilateral political or religious occasions
- Events asking for an entrance fee
- Events that have no online presence
The event organizer must make the reservation latest 3 weeks prior to the event.
Reservation at Stage can be canceled free of charge four weeks prior to the event. Cancellations that are made later will result in the facility rent being charged in full.